New Elections after the completion of 5 years of Government shall be held on 25 July 2018 (exact after 1 day from the day i started writing this article). All the parties are same as were in 2013 elections except few which are new including religious organizations.
The parties have same manifesto as they had in 2013 or 40 years back such as PPP use “Roti Kapra or Makan” and name of Mr. Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto (late) & Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto (Martyred). PPP is led by a new face i.e. Mr. Bilawal Bhutto (Who wont know what are the ground realities / problems faced by a common man in cities and rural area because he born with a golden spoon in his hand). PML-N use “Vote ko izat do” means give honor to vote and decision of people because honorable Court of Law has punished her leader Mr. Nawaz Sharif on false and hiding statements about his assets and work permit during elections of 2013. This party is led by Shabaz Sharif (brother of Mr. Nawaz Sharif looking forward to become Prime Minister). PTI with same slogan of correcting the govt organizations and justice for all but given tickets to many “Lota’s” who were part of the previous govt and changed their party after assuming reality that previous party may not get back its government again. MMA is a coalition of religious parties with different sects having a slogan of “Islamic Government” which is never liked by the people since 70 years and also each party which is a part of coalition hate each other on the basis of sects they belong to and lust for power.
One thing that i am really surprised and even know;
- People have a high hope that who ever their favorite get elected will resolve their issues. These issues are not related to big picture of a country as a whole and people have no high concerns with respect to foreign policy, betterment of national economy, correction of govt organization in provision of services, catching and punishment of corrupt people etc but high percentage in related to their local problems like clean drinking water, roads, bridges, sewerage system, housing, bringing rates down for daily use able items etc.
- I would rather say that high percentage of people are self centered instead of looking at the overall situation of the country
- People know that who is corrupt and who has wrongly made worst policies but they ignore this fact and still ready to vote for the person and on his name to his party members.
- People highly give preference for voting to the person belong to their tribe / cast / creed / ethnicity etc even by the educated ones
- The people of Sindh especially of Karachi unable to come out of the election slogan “Mohagir = Migrants” means those who migrated from India to Pakistan in 1947 and one party easily use this slogan to get their votes. More then 70 years have passed but people still consider them Migrants because;
- they have been treated worse by many govt organizations in 70 odd years i.e. injustice
- either they are self centered for their own
- or they are ignorant of the facts or really trying to ignore
- Local issues such as lean drinking water, roads, bridges, sewerage system etc is not the part of work of any electable person for the National or Provincial / State Legislative Assemblies but of local government personnels but vote is cased to the person who make promise to resolve it or previously done some work
- Since 70 years, poverty has not been reduced for a single inch but levels have increased and parties will not try to bring its level down because its a only way to get the votes
Majority of people accepts that Mr. Zardari & Nawaz Sharif and some prominent figures have made money and assets through illegal means during 1990’s or late but they still love them and say “if they done or committed any mal-practice in past then what they have done some work like motorway, roads, supply of electricity etc“….i heard this type of words during interviews at some news channels.
Just take an example of Ephedrine case against PML-N candidate Mr. Hanif Abbasi whom recently sentenced for life imprisonment on clear evidence supplied by Australian Government but WHAT, people and the part leaders still love him. Shahbaz Sharif has said that he will back Mr. Abbasi on all levels.
“A worst situation happens in the life of any country where people backs and still love the criminals and elect them as their leaders”
One thing that Mr. Imran Khan has done right in the past 6 or 7 years is to develop awareness among people through public speeches about their rights and right to ask the electable or candidates for elections to inform about their performance in the past. But he many a times had ignored wrong doing of his own govt in KPK where almost he was in-charged as a part leader and policy maker. His govt ignored development of infrastructure of KPK which had to be made side by side when you are trying to correct govt organizations.
Mr. Shahbaz Sharif has done some good work in Punjab province especially during Dengue menace, cleanliness of Lahore city, Forensic Testing Lab, Danish Schools, roads infrastructure, etc
- but he has focused much on Lahore and allocated almost all the provincial budget on Lahore especially on Orange Train which is not required at this moment when people of Lahore dont have better public transport facility on other roots apart from Orange Train route and health along with schools/educated need to be focused
- he has ignored education and health in many ways like developing on Danish schools in some parts of Punjab and leaving 1000’s of already running govt schools with out good infrastructure
- non development of hospitals and health facilities all across Punjab
- development of 56 companies when govt departments are present to conduct work
- recruitment’s on non merits during the govt of 90’s especially of Police Officers and since 2008 (One of his Minister / Chairman of many Boards (Mr. K.H) telephonically called my organizations (organization runs on public money) top position holder during Aug – Sep 2017 to illegally recruit his personnel / known individual at a seat having salary of PKR. 2,00,000 per month and the head of my organization agreed to that without showing any hesitation because he was frightened that if he didn’t had acted on the directions of Minister, he could have lost his job.
(Though Mr. Shahbaz Sharif was a better administrator then any other 3 provincial chief ministers in last 10 years but out of 100 things Mr. Shabaz Sharif has only corrected 5 and left / ignored others)
Unless and until people as a whole will not develop their minds for the one national cause instead of giving preference to local or personal matters / issues, prosperity will never be gained in any way.
It is the people who have the chance to select right and pious leader in all traits during 2018 elections but we will hardly see that. The reason behind is the non-development of free and mature mentality where you know the right, wrong and who is misleading you since 1947. (If you have high qualification like Masters or PhD and you still love the corrupt or know that a person is not wise to be made leader but you still vote for him is not a mentally mature person or education has not changed his mind except made him worthy to earn money for managing life or fulfilling desires)
(Above writing is based on my own views and perceptions)