What i have observed in last some years that my city and even many parts of the country loosing the culture which was our hallmark.
- People use to stand in honor of the teacher of school / college / university whenever pass nearby them
- Neighbors used to exchange cooked food items on weekly or monthly basis but now trend is getting rare especially in posh areas
- People were ready and more happier to give lift to passengers standing on the roads but it has decreased
- Females of all ages use to take vail / dopata over their head whenever they listen the voice of Azan from nearby mosques
- People are reluctant to advice others due to non-tolerance attitude and behavior.
- About 20 years back, elders of certain area always took notice of those children’s playing at streets instead of going to school and colleges and personally send them back but now they are not doing the effort as they are afraid of retaliation
- People were not shy and afraid to offer 5 times prayers at mosque apart from Ramadan but now few people go on regular basis
- Family gatherings at home are getting fewer in number and people love to go outside for shopping
- Children’s always greet there elders with respect but the respect level is decreasing day by day.
- Children’s / young teens never had shouted during conversation with the elders but now they are doing so especially with parents
- People loved to sleep in the natural air at night outside or on the top roof of their home with or without a fan but now majority have split AC in their homes and avoid natural air
- Majority of the children’s were found in playgrounds playing different games but now they more concentrate and spend time on cell phones
- the shopping trend in old and historic markets such as Anarkali, Shadman and Liberty have decreased at extreme low level because each area has their own market full of new brands
- Young ones avoid going to family or religious gatherings
- Relatives / friends use to live with the family of deceased for one day to may be a month in order to share and help in their hard times but in cities, its almost rare
(Above points are based on my own views – you may agree or not)