South Asia with a population above one billion love the sports known as cricket. Pakistan with a population of above 180 million was again put to tears by her national cricket team players playing quarter final against Australia in the world cup 2015. Well, winning and loosing is a part of a sport and sport doesn’t means a war between two countries but for Pakistan and India having population in billion, cricket is considered as a passion of life. Lets talk about the cause of destruction and failure in the World Cup 2015:
1. Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is run by non professionals such as journalist named Mr. Najam Sethi currently contesting for Chairmanship of International Cricket Council, very close to Prime Minister of Pakistan and found the position of PCB due to this affiliation with him & the other is a former Foreign Secretary (Mr. Sheryar Khan) of above 70 years as a current Chairman of PCB. It is as same as like you hand over F-16 to a truck driver. Players selection committee consists of Wajahat Ullah Wasti, who hardly played test matches and one day internationals and Mr. Moeen Khan who love doing gambling in casino more then loving the country.
2. Players: Only few players played with passion in the world cup such as Misbah ul Haq (obviously as a Captain of the team), Arfan, Wahab as bowlers. Others were just there for recreation and making money. Ahmed Shehzad love making selfies then playing with responsibility.
3. So as Mr. Shahid Afridi who never came across to a word called responsibility in his 19 years cricket career. He is no doubt a extra ordinary talented all round player of Pakistan with good skills and a good heart as well as patriot but unfortunately his track record doesn’t give us a single hint of favouring/choosing him for the team or he didn’t honestly proved his talent. He played 396 matches with only having an average of 24 runs with 6 times 100’s and 39 times 50 runs. It means that his contribution as a batsman towards win for Pakistan in 19 years is only in the total of about 50 matches and not in the rest 340 matches. If he could have played sensibly in the matches like Sachin Tendulker did for India, Mr. Afridi could have been the highest runs getter as well as role model for all. Where as he had earn billions of money from 396 matches in form of match fee, monthly salary, sponsorships etc etc. He should have returned money back to PCB as he failed to deliver his service and to contribute towards win for Pakistan in at least 300 one day matches.
4. Neither discipline was found nor faith was present in the players except in Captain and some bowlers.
5. Ahsaan Adil (medium paced bowler) was selected on non merit basis and had showed no spark in the matches.
6. Misbah didn’t played Yasir Shah, may be he was afraid of the risk. Whereas, Imran Khan (Legend) had advised Misbah to make Yasir Shah as a part of 11 players, which was ignored.
7. Injuries to the players such as to Irfan, Junaid Khan, Gull and loosing Saeed Ajmal were also the factors behind loss.
If the same team have been selected for future then it seems that these players shall keep performing like this …..